March 16, 2007

Snowbound Nor'easter 2007 Special Event: Sarah Gets Drunk

So all of Manch Vegas is at a standstill, it's snowing like it's the freaking march of the penguins out there, I can't go anywhere, no one's going anywhere, and it's looking like a Friday night of pajamas and girl movies.

So, to spice things up I've decided to get shitfaced.

I stopped by the Rite Aid to get supplies and I've got it all planned out. My only regret is that I didn't get cigarettes, because alone in the dark would be as good a time to cheat as any. But I guess it's for the best, bad enough that I got frozen pizza for later (wasn't I just ranting about how healthy I've been eating?).

So, I've got a little White Trash Loser Snowstorm Bonanza going on here tonight, including the following:

1) Bottle of cheap-ass Rite Aid champers
2) 12 pack of Bud Light in cans (ew) that my parents left here (they like to have supplies here becuase they know I don't keep beer in the house, certainly not canned beer. I love them).
3) Purple pajama pants and a hot pink tank top
4) Two words: Chex Mix
5) Chick flicks

I'm one can of beer and a few handfuls of Chex mix into the night, and already having the best time. Who needs good weather and bars and, like, friends and stuff? I got all I need right here.

I've even staged a mini-Cameron Crowe-athon so far, as I just finished the last 20 minutes of "Say Anything" and am 15 minutes into "Singles."

(I love "Singles," it's so deliciously dated....so very 1992. They even have the old Preview Guide on the TV, and seriously old school Nick-at-Nite with "My Three Sons." I was only in 7th grade when it came out, but I swear to god I had one of the outfits that Keira Sedgwick sports in this film; the high-waisted faded tapered-leg jeans with a faded yellow flannel from the Gap...tucked in. Like grunge your mother would approve of. And this was when Bridget Fonda was working regularly and so beautiful in that "you could have been friends with her in college" kind of way. Actually I think I was friends with her in college.)

But I just watched it last weekend, so I'm switching to another Matt Dillon classic, "Beautiful Girls." A trulyl embarassing picture for all involved, particularly one young Natalie Portman.

One of my faves.

I'll check back in later, before I put in "Sliding Doors."

(Awwww, yeeeeeeah.)

No comments: