March 20, 2007

Has Anyone Ever Told You....

As I mentioned last week, a guy last Saturday wouldn't shut up about how much I look like Izzie from "Grey's Anatomy." And on St. Patrick's Day, the following Saturday, another guy wouldn't shut up about how I look just like Drew Barrymore.

Of course, it's entirely possible he was only trying to get in my pants (ahem).

I do not tell these stories to be all "hey aren't I the shiznit?" (Although I'm not going to lie and say it doesn't stroke my ego to hear it...)

I tell these stories to ask this simple question: if this is true, then why do I only seem to attract the sketchiest men in Manch Vegas? I mean, if Drew herself were out meeting dudes down at Margarita's (or would she be a Strange Brew girl?), something tells me she'd do better than me.

Maybe once my work at the gym pays off, it won't just be over-the-hill-potentially-married-guys and sketchy-skeevy-man-whore-seeming guys. (Or maybe eff the gym, and I just need to move somewheres a little more sophisticamated.)

= ???

2 comments:

Moderator said...

What's wrong with sketchy men?

FuManchShoes said...

Heh, I suppose I've just grown weary of the sketchyness. Moderately sketchy is, I suppose, still acceptable. But 100% sketchy has no potential for anything other than into-pants-getting (which I guess can also be occasionally acceptable, haha).