January 3, 2007

This Entry is Super Gross (Just fair warning...)

(Seriously, you may not want to be friends with me anymore after reading this, but I've got to get it out there.)

Honestly, what is everyone's deal with the shower?

I am sick as a dog right now, and was recounting to my mother the amount of phlegm I hocked up in the shower this morning even after blowing my nose, and was complaining about how I am basically just giant ball of phlegm and how unfair it was, and she interrupted me and got all grossed out:

"Wait, you blew your nose in the shower?"
"Well, yeah. It's nice and steamy, loosens everything right up."
"That is DISGUSTING."
"Well, I just find it easier to, I don't know, expel things in a nice steamy environment!"
"I can't even talk to you."

Let me just say this. I get a stuffy nose all the freaking time. I dont' know what I'm allergic to, but it's got to be something, becuase you can count on "be" pronouncing "by" "embs" like this for the duration of the winter season, even when I'b not sick. And I've tried a variety of potions and elixirs for this ailment, and nothing works.

And the only thing that helps in the morning when I wake up with a brick for a head is getting in the shower and honking it all out. (Wow, I'm just really not going to have any friends...oh well!)

But if you're going to be gross, isn't the shower the place to do it? It's like peeing in the shower.

WHAT is the problem with peeing in the shower?

1) Urine is actually sterile, people. No germs. STERILE.
2) It goes straight down the drain.
3) It is then followed down the drain by soapy water.

So what's the problem? My ex-boyfriend was horrified and disgusted when I came out to him as an occasional shower pee-er (Come on, it's not like I'm addicting to the shower pee, it's just that if I forget to go beforehand I much prefer letting rip in the shower than having to sit my wet ass down on the toilet afterwards...the feeling of sitting on the toilet when you're freshly showered sickens me, it's the thought of all the germs that are probably on the toilet seat clinging onto my damp skin...~shudders~).

"You PEE in the SHOWER?"
"Well, yeah."
"THAT's DISGUSTING."
"Oh come on , it is not."
"That's where I go to get CLEAN? And I'm standing in your PEE?"
"Dude, I found half-eaten week-old chicken bones in your car the other day, and you're lecturing me on cleanliness?"
"At least I don't PEE in my car."
"Well, neither do I. Just in your shower."
"GAH!"

Seriously, the guy was one of the top three biggest slobs ever (after Pigpen, and me of course), and he gave me a hard time for peeing into a soapy drain.

I think the world is just divided into two groups: Those who don't think it's okay to pee or blow one's nose in the shower, and those who do.

And I think it's high time for the people in the former group to quit giving those of us in the latter group a hard time. After all, we know you don't always wash your hands after using the public restroom, and that's SO much worse.

No comments: