November 15, 2006

Chronic Masticator

My office is quiet.

Too quiet....

I like it, generally, because it means I get my work done without a constant drone of copies being made, tv news, the guy who sat in the cube next to me at my last job babbling on about some such nonsense to no one in particular, phones ringing off their hooks, folks doing it in the supply room, coworkers braying about food in the conference room, people walking up behind me in the cube and saying "knock knock" (which, yeah...don't do that), and various other noises and brouhahas that contributed to my every day in my last office.

Here, I can procrastinate in peace.

The problem, however, is that I am...how shall I put this? A loud-ass bitch. I talk loud, I walk loud, I type loud, I think loud even, and I'm not even sure how that's possible. And also? I guess I chew about as daintily as a yak working over some particularly gristly cud.

I've only discovered this since I started working in a cavernously echoey tomb, of course.

This office has 20 foot high ceilings, hardwood floors (upon which my high-high heels go clippity-CLOMP every time I have to pee, which, seeing as how I consume approximately three liters of water daily, is pretty much always), and treMENdous acoustics.

And while I do enjoy my own private office (hip-hip...hooRAY! Hip-hip! Hoo-RAY!!!!!), the walls only go up a standard 10 feet or so. Which actually makes for a very pretty office indeed, but also allows for the guy sitting at the other end of the hall from me to hear that guttural, alarmingly hog-like noise the back of my throat makes when I eat my fat-free pudding.

I'm really starting to get a complex about this.

(This is the point where you're asking yourself, "isn't this blog supposed to be about shoes and beer and wine and stuff?)

Oh, all right.

Pretty Shoe That Sarah Wants of the Day:

Very niiiice, make sexytime?

Christian Louboutin Tassel Slingbacks. It's like the shoe has a TAIL! A pretty, pretty tail!

Clippity Clomp!

No comments: