February 6, 2008

Worst. Day. Evah.

1) The new guy dumped me last night, and I reacted very, very poorly. Highly, highly embarassing in retrospect. I know, deep down, that it's probably the right thing to do because let's face it, I am too old to not be looking for someone with real long-term potential. And this guy was SUPER sweet, very cute (srsly, I never should have gotten him in the first place, it was ridic how cute I think he is), and very interesting....but not like, marriage material.

2) I also went and had an x-ray last night. The doc said I was all good, then calls me up today and says he missed a fracture in my lower little finger. I have to go back there in about an hour to get fitted for a typing-inhibiting brace/splint thingie.

3) I actually let myself get a bit weepy over the guy situation last night, and as a result today my eyes are hard little pits sunken into my head. I'm a wreck, and also have gotten absolutely fuck-all done at work.

And so? I am packing it in. I am going to the doctor for my stupid hand thing, and then taking the rest of the day off for mental health.

Siiiigh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We still love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Try to get some vicodin out of the doc for your "finger pain", take the week off and eat ice cream. Seriously, painkillers make daytime tv awesome, take it from someone who has spent the better part fo the last year mixing painkillers and daytime tv, it works.

aliwalidoodah said...

Boys smell anyway! Poor you Sez, and your poor wee finger! I hope you feel better soon, I too can recommend ice-cream and daytime telly. Diet coke and paracetamol is s'posed to be quite a good combo too, but me no allowed fizzy drink any more. Pfff. It's good with wine though! Many hugs from me coming your way (and manly handshakes from Dan and sticky mwah mwahs from lillia x)

Anonymous said...

Man, I just keep rooting for you to find the right guy... You are a great person, and I know it will happen. I have no doubts eventually you'll get there. Of course I never expected the GOP to be Clemens suck ups, but this is different, it really is...