June 10, 2007

Well, That Sucked

Honestly, I can kind of get the decision to end The Sopranos the way they did.

Why bother trying to come up with something that will please everyone when you can just say "what the fuck" and do something that will please no one?

Okay, I'm sure that some people, actually, will say that it was genius to do it that way, but those people are exactly the people Chase was afraid of. Any other way and they would have all bitched it wasn't good enough.

But! The point is that there are more people who wanted to see....I don't know something.

Everyone is still an asshole, right down to the Soprano children. Douchebags both, especially Meadow, probably the most vile female character on the show, including Livia and including Janice.

No accountability, at all, not even a little. No comeuppance for the people that wanted that, no whacking, no indictment. Even the FBI were acting like assholes in this episode.

So if the message of the show is that everyone's a huge shallow pointless asshole or a murderer? Well..okay. Well done.

I'm also (just for my own personal enjoyment, even if it wouldn't have had any narrative point) really sad that AJ and his stupid fucking high school girlfriend didn't blow up in his car.

On another note, I'm watching "John from Cincinnati" now...and I'm intrigued so far. I hope I don't like it too much, the last thing I need is another show.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought that ending was just awful... All I could think of was Sienfeld... This ending is about nothing... Suppose something happens, no, no, nothing happens. That's a show...
CaptainRon