December 27, 2006

Two Thousand and Six

1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
Was maid of honor in my sister's wedding and gave a toast; tailgated at six different country shows with the best Tailgating Team ever!

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I have, generally, the worst will-power ever, which is why my thin clothes remain in a sealed vault where they've been un-worn for 2.5 years. So I don't make resolutions.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Aliwalidoodah!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully, no.

5. What countries did you visit?
Ugh, none. So sad!

6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
A cat and a waistline. Oh, and some Uggs. I still like them, shut up!

7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 10 and 16th, my back to back bridesmaidly duties! And Cinco de Mayo, Brooke's insane bachelorette crazyness.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Eating 20 crabs.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Well, the whole waistline thing. And failing to remain upright on the 4th of July, resulting in a lovely tumble down some stairs and a lovely sprained ankle that turned all blue.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
See #9 re: Big Blue Ankle.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
About 14,000 pairs of shoes, lovely shoes.

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Jenny's for avoiding decending into Bridezillaville and keeping a very cool head.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? Frankly? My own, on a number of occasions...not a banner year for the whole "Sarah Behaving Herself" thing.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Into my belly, in the form of booze, and onto my feet, in the form of shoes.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Bachelorette parties, particularly ones involving party buses.

16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
Probably "Sweet Child of Mine," becuase I think I karaoked that song more times this year than I have any other song in history.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder? I think I am happier.
ii. Thinner or fatter? Definitely fatter, UGH.
iii. richer or poorer? Hmmmm. Pretty much the same.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Exercising

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Boozing, eating, hooking up with the wrong guys.

20. How will you be spending Christmas? Just spent it with family at my sister's house outside New Orleans, much merryment.

21. What was your favourite TV program?
Grey's Anatomy, 24, Lost.

22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nope.

23. What was the best book you read?
"Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs," by Chuck Klosterman. Couldn't put it down.

24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Buck Cherry

25. What did you want and get?
Some things that didn't turn out too great on either front, and to move back to NH, which is turning out swimmingly...so we'll call it a wash.

26. What was your favourite film of this year?
Talladega Nights

27. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I went on a date and drank margaritas, then went to a friend's house for a movie. Very low key, I was 27 (creepy, this is #27 in this survey!) BUT, I also had an awesome party the following week!

28. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Chunky and pointy (chunky = jewelry and body, pointy = shoes).

29. What kept you sane?
Wine, friends, friends, friends, wine, Jack Daniels.

30. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I still live with a massive Matt Damon crush, we're entering Year Nine. And of course Tom Brady, who is SINGLE again by the way, muahhahahah.

31. What political issue stirred you the most?
I remained relatively unstirred this year...I was so checked out of politics.

32. Who did you miss?
All my far-off friends, including the ones I've just left behind.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Well I met her before this year, but Sara is definitely the best friend I only got to be close with this year. We've only been hanging out a few months but I know we will be friends for life!

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
There is no theory of evolution. Only a list of animals Jack Bauer allows to live.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"You had some of the best times you'll never remember with me, Alcohol."

No comments: