August 20, 2007

So I Guess Every Monday I'll Just Post a Bunch of Times or Something

Today, I was drug-dialed.

So the guy I was bitching about last week has turned out decent. We went out Friday, it was fun, blah blah blah.

What? You want more an explanation than blah blah blah?

Okay, hm.

1) It had been so long I didn't remember what he looked like. Luckily, he looked fine. He's not like, kill yourself hot or anything, but can I just say thank god? That's so much pressure. That super-tall super-unbelievably-cute lawyer I dated last summer didn't do anything but stress me out, because I kept waiting for him to stop and be like "Wait, is this 'The King of Queens' in reverse or something? Why am I dating you again?"

2) We went out, watched the Red Sox game, ate, drank blueberry beer, talked. He paid, he opened doors, all very gentlemanly and such.

3) It's possible the wheels came off when I suggested we go to the karaoke bar after the game.

4) No, it's possible the wheels came off when we did our second shot and I finished off my seventh (eighth?) beer. Getting plastered on a date (a first date! Oy vey.) is probably not considered ladylike. But hey, he kept buying them, what was I supposed to do? Ummmm, yeah.

5) It's definitely likely the wheels actually came off when I warbled out some of the worst karaoke I've ever done. I was nervous, leave me alone. But you know how they say you shouldn't go all the way on the first date? It should really be, you shouldn't sing in public on the first date. This is way more mortifying than any of the macking I doled out later.

So yeah. We hung out at my place for a while after, he called the next day, and then called again today. But we don't have plans to go out again because when he called me today he was on Vicodin.

Oral surgery, apparently. He sounded kind of...well...kind of retarded. Or like he'd been hit over the head. Punch drunk! He talked like Rocky, like all slow and garbled.

"I's jush wann say...I's jush say....um.."
"Really, you've just had your wisdom teeth out, you can call me when you feel better, dum dum."
"No, Ish furgets to call youse yeshterday, so I jush wann call joo tooday."
"Okay, well thank you, but do you want to call me when you're not on drugs?"
"Yesh....yesh."

Yikes. I'm not sure if it was cute or weird, but I'll settle on cute.

So that's that. We'll see what happens. I'm not convinced this is going anywhere, but there's no harm in doing some dating, eh?

Which brings me to the next issue...notice the way I said "eh?" just then?

No comments: