February 16, 2007

That's What Friends are For?

"Someone smells like FEET."

"Yeah. It's me."

"DUDE."

"I've been wearing these tights since 5 this morning biatch, and, uh, I wore them to work yesterday. I didn't know I didn't have any other tights or hose in my house that were run-free to wear on the plane! Leave me be!"

"You are disgusting. You're making me gag."

"Thanks, dude."

"I have Febreeze, you cannot come back into the room until you spray yourself down with it."

"I've been in an AIRPORT for like 16 hours! This is discrimination!"

She was even more appalled when I went to put the tights on again this morning, but what was I gonna do?

"If I don't wear these my legs will freeze off, I know it's gross, but I will burn them as soon as I get to New Orleans!"

"Don't do it. I'll puke if you do it."

"You're supposed to look NICE when you fly on an employee buddy pass, and this is the only nice outfit I brought, and I have no other hose. I was not expecting to get stuck overnight here, cut me some slack!"

"You're supposed to LOOK nice, how are you supposed to SMELL???"

As it turned out, I didn't make the flight, and I'm in DC for the weekend. The offending tights are wadded up in the bottom of my luggage, and I am now nicely showered and wearing very clean socks.

But you got to love a friend that will tell you when you smell exactly like you'd spent the preceding 36 hours in air travel hell on Earth.

So now there will most definitely be no live-blogging from Mardi Gras, becuase I'm pretty far away from New Orleans. Which sucks, but at least I get to spend the weekend with my peeps in DC.

As long as I promise them to remain clean and odor-free while here.

(I don't normally stink, I swear!)

No comments: